Thursday, May 17, 2012

Marshall's Bottle Stopper

Or alternate title: "I will cut you!"  On an awesome tip from Vanessa, I picked up one of those too cool bottle stoppers from Marshall's.  And as I boldly stated I would, I introduced it to my dremel.  Hehehe, I love to cut stuff, I don't know why (don't judge me 0.o).


This thing is awesome!  It makes me feel so fancy and grown up.


It totally looks like real ice inside.


Here we have an age appropriate model testing the scale.  Now I don't drink alcohol so I have no idea if the bottles are to scale or not.


There's a rubber tip on the stopper.  Use needle nose pliers to pull it off.  If you pull the rubber outward and then down and keep working around in a circle, it will take about 2 minutes.


To remove the acrylic stopper, if you have a dremel, use a cutting blade for "Laminates/Plastic" at speed 4.  I'm using blade number 426 because it's nice and wide.  Always use your goggles and dust mask, kids!  If you don't have a dremel, a nice fine saw or hack blade should cut it off.

Party over here!!!  I'll be going to TJ Maxx this weekend to see if they have the other two versions of this.  I'm gonna cut them too!

LOL, thanks Vanessa!

27 comments:

  1. DANG you people! I may just have to go to Marshalls!

    It's just too cute... and I love using my dremmel to cut stuff too... but more than that, I love sanding... lovelovelovelove it.

    Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Heather. What is it about sanding that gets to you? Is it the smoothness at the end of it all or what?

      Delete
  2. Dang it! I'm with Heather! Guess I'm on my way to Marshall's ! Guess I need a dremmel too! Thanks Muff! Can you say enabler LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chynadoll, I plead the 5th on being an enabler. ^_^

      Delete
    2. So... I have been running to Marshall's and so far I went to three! No freaking luck on finding these wine stoppers! So annoyed with Marshall's in the state of NJ right now arrrgh!

      Delete
    3. Chynadoll - Go to TJMaxx. I found the first one at Marshall's, but there were more at TJMaxx than Marshall's.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Thanks for the tips :) Marshall's here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Sergio, dremels are really great for crafting. I'm glad I got one.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for showing the blade. I have two dremels, but I don't have any large cutting blades. I guess I will have to add one to the tool box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, I'm pretty sure that blade came with my dremel but I know they sell it separately. I got several single bits and saw blades from Lowes. They were cheaper and had more variety than Home Depot or Walmart.

      Delete
  6. Great purchases!!! Haven't seen any like those around here though :(((((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rossetti. If not for Vanessa, I never would have ventured in the food/wine section. Perhaps other locales might have them.

      Delete
  7. I FOUND ONE with the 3 bottles!!! It was sitting way in the back of the shelf of TJmaxx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Jay! I haven't been to TJM yet, so I hope I find them too.

      Delete
  8. Hello from Spain: and I told Vanessa that in my country also sell these bottle caps. I have also one of them since last Christmas. Are very real. Glad you also have purchased. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look very real, Marta. I'll have to keep an eye out for things like this in the future.

      Delete
  9. Fantastic, i love it....i am going to rearch if i can find it in the Netherlands too.
    I think it is the perfect size.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maria. I think the scale is very good for 1:6 dolls.

      Delete
  10. Considering adding a dremel - ohhh a cool tool - to my stuff. Hmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana, the dremels come in many different pack sizes and prices. Of course I got the cheapest one, LOL.

      Delete
  11. Wow muff, you are working it girl! Lol! I need to go get a dremel. I purchased some stirrers that has glasses w/mixed drinks that I need to cut the stem off of and this is the perfect tool to do so. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Georgia Girl. I think I got mine from Walmart.

      Delete
  12. I started making these in August of 2011, so much fun.
    I had seen one completed on Ebay for over $20 and thought HEY, I can do that lol
    I sell them on Etsy now, pretty cheap but hey I only paid $3.99 for them lol
    I'd like to see your stirrers :)

    ReplyDelete